Thursday, March 25, 2010

What Does Music Mean To You?

So a few weeks ago I sent out an e-mail to a very select few of you.  I asked you a simple question;  Using one word only, what does music mean to you?
Some of you thought you were too cool for school and didn't answer and others gave me shit for doing something so lame.  I'm OK with both of those.  But I want to thank all of you that took the time to answer.  I do this thing for fun, but I also want to try and involve my friends too.  Cause chances are I've bonded with many of you over a mutual love of music.  (And I also want to put something up that doesn't involve Pearl Jam, The Black Keys, or something Josh Homme is working on)

As many of you know, music is definitely my #1 passion.  I've lost a lot of sleep, money, time, and other things I can't mention here for my love of music.

I got a pretty wide range of answers from people, but my favorite was "life-saving".  That hit home for me, but on a completely different level than the person that answered it.  Either way, that answer truly moved me.  I'm going to use it for my own.  Although it's an obvious answer, I love that every answer basically said, "it moves me". 

Since I promised everybody they'd remain anonymous, here are the words that were chosen:

Inspiring
Intoxication
Life-saving
Emotion
Life-accompaniment
Inspiration
Escape
Release
Spirit-lifting
Release
Energy
Enhance
Head-bob
Soul-bliss
Personality
Life
Life-affirming

No videos this time, just words.  I'm not good at this.....

1 comment: